Wednesday, July 15, 2009

so many things!

I guess I havent updated in quite awhile! So sorry faithful blog readers, i know you love me. haha.

ok, there has been some serious events going on lately. ok, not really. But serious enough for me.

1) I think i broke and/or seriously sprained my middle left toe. Yes, thats right. my toe. I went to uncle dan and josis to hang out on Friday evening and was just walking normal but somehow stubbed it on the couch and it hurt SO BAD. Then I woke up and it felt even worse...but was now black and blue and swollen. awesome. So i walked on it all sore all day Saturday and Sunday and then rested and iced her. Finally yesterday (tuesday) she started to feel better. And now it doesnt hurt at all..unless I stub it again...which somehow keeps happening! And Sparky really likes to step on my feet when hes excited. so thats awesome.

I think ive mentioned that Ive been doing a kids art camp the last 2 weeks for the city of carlsbad. its been really fun, but pretty tiring. Its four hours of running around after the kids, getting together supplies, washing brushes and tubs, filing their art work, hanging up pictures, im going a little mad. I think also because im not teaching, its not as fun. My favorite part is sitting with the kids and helping them...and doing the projects of course...but its less of that and more of just prepping projects and cleaning up. I just miss teaching. but its still fun, and im learning a lot, and the kids are super fun, and sometimes i get to do the projects and thats really fun too.

Last weekend was fun. I went to uncle dan and Josis Friday evening to eat delicious food and watch 24. I got to play lots with lukey and that was super fun too. Then Saturday I had lunch with cammie and then hung out with Micah and some of her friends. We went to a party one of their friends was throwing in Tierrasanta. my goodness, it was interesting! We were the only white people really there, and it was huge party with a TON of alcohol people kept bringing and TONS of food. However, the best part was when the hosts performed a bunch of poetry along to some acoustic music. It was so amazing! I was extremely impressed at their talents. It was such an interesting group of people, to say the least. just how they even dressed, was SO different than what Im used too. We had such a nice time just watching the evening unfold. It was pretty sweet...and amusing.

On Sunday we went o have lunch at St. Tropez, which i LOVE. I have one like 15 minutes from my house, but somehow only go to the one downtown. silly. Then met my momma at Nordstrom to buy myself some new undergarments. woot.

Speaking of lunch, Ive decided that my favorite foods r lunchy European foods. I could eat panninis, soup, salads, pasta salads, caprese salad, pretty much for every meal. I really want a sandwich press. Im such a freak for panninis, I should really just invest in a press instead of always ordering them out. Even without cheese they are so delicious! hmm I wonder how vegan cheese would taste?

I miss Cassie. She officially moved to Sweden. I think about her everyday and miss her a lot. I also miss Europe. I know its only been like 6 months, but thats 6 months too long for me. Usually I miss Paris or Vienna or Berlin...but today I miss Florence. I know ive said it before, but I could totally live there. Much easier then I think Paris actually. Just logistically with the language and getting around a such, Florence is a cake walk even compared to Paris which isnt too difficult either.

Lately ive been thinking about my life one year from now. I know I dont need to make any decisions now, but i just have so many options in front of me. Where do I look for a job? Around here? downtown? abroad? What do I want to do? Where do I want to live? its going to be so crazy, my life is going to change so dramatically its overwhelming. but i just have to remember its not for an entire year.

I got glue in my hair. aww man.

No comments: