Friday, August 29, 2008

Do You Hear the People Sing?


this week was the beginning of the end of my life. school was long and boring and i cant believe i even made it through the days. highlights include:
-literally almost having a panic attack in my math class. simply because its math and i cant do it. thank goodness Alyssa and Danielle snapped me out of it. what would i do without them.
-after sitting down still and quiet for about 4 hours i asked the professor for a break and then slumped down on the table like i was dead...my friends thought it was quite funny, however i was completely serious.
-i have no idea how to do my math homework.

i also went to my practicum school to help my teacher prep her classroom, and i went to lots of grade level meetings about curriculum and discipline and an all staff meeting with updates about the school in general. im not really excited about my practicum. to be honest, im not really excited about anything really. im concerned about myself and my apathetic attitude and lack of motivation toward EVERYTHING im committed too. all i look forward to is what i do outside of school and work. this isnt good. i get graded in my classes on "professionalism" and engaging in groups and discussions...i need an attitude boost. i need endorphins. i need to exercise. i need a math tutor.

now im sick with allergies, oh joy. i feel just awful.
and the large black man from UPS just totally hit on me, that was weird. apparently my hair color brings out my beautiful eyes. oh jeez, come on dude ive heard that one a million times.

last night i went to see Les Miserables in Vista. it was amazing! its my favorite book and i love musicals, so i enjoyed it immensely. plus we had a delicious picnic and drank wine sitting on the lawn...it was so nice. i was so moved by the play, i already have pondered and loved the themes from the book, but seeing it with all my senses was overwhelming and just amazing. the final song had my bawling for the 3rd time and i wanted to share how moving the lyrics were.

CHORUS
Do you hear the people sing
Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people
Who are climbing to the light.

For the wretched of the earth
There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end
And the sun will rise.

They will live again in freedom
In the garden of the Lord.
They will walk behind the plough-share,
They will put away the sword.
The chain will be broken
And all men will have their reward.

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Do you hear the people sing?
Say, do you hear the distant drums?
It is the future that they bring
When tomorrow comes!

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Do you hear the people sing?
Say, do you hear the distant drums?
It is the future that they bring
When tomorrow comes...
Tomorrow comes!

No comments: