Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bags Are Packed.


I use the term "bags are packed" rather lightly as this really just means the random items I was afraid I'd forget are thrown into the suitcase (bathing suit, sun hat, etc) and all the clothes I am bringing are laid on top...hangers still on. As close as I can be TWO days before I leave. However, tonight is boyfriends last night in Brazil as this time tomorrow night he'll be on his way to the US! YAY!

I am finding myself rather overwhelmed trying to cram 5 days of work into 4 on this short holiday week, AND prepare to go out of town, AND its my busiest time of the month for our project work cycles anyway. The perfect storm (PS how was that ever a real movie?). I am working my ass off trying to get everything done, but its making every day go by quickly.

Really I am writing today to brag more about my amazing boyfriend, today was another one of those "holy crap you love ME. And I just LOVE you!" days. OH MAN. After he royally messed up his trip coming to see me in January by being disorganized and not properly planning, he never wanted to have it happen again. Everything worked out in the end, but we were not amused. So today I was just double checking with him about all of our bookings...multiple hotels, rental car, both our flights, etc. I couldn't even get all my questions asked before he said, "I printed all of our confirmation papers and put them into a folder in order I'll need them and my passport is already in my packed suitcase". UM. Ladies and gentleman, this is the first time in my entire adult life ANYONE ELSE has planned an entire trip for me. I literally have not done a thing except to offer suggestions of things to do and to help remind him to do things. PLUS after he caught a little mishap with the rental car dates I even got a "I just want everything to be perfect. I don't want you to have to worry or pay for anything. I just want us to relax and take care of you the whole time!" 


I am so not used to being spoiled by a man like this- who just does things because he loves me.

Can I keep him?

xoxo

HL

No comments: