Sunday, November 06, 2011

Favorite Things: New Male Voices.


These last few months I've been seriously enjoying the sweet succulent melodies of the following fine gentleman. Yes, I know, I am veering away from my typical favorite male voices Iron & Wine or Swell Season...but we can mix it up a bit.

Sharing!

Damien Juardo- Caught in the Trees
Especially this song.

James Vincent McMorrow- Early in the Morning
Heard his beautiful voice first here.

Bon Iver- Bon Iver
This song and video made my summer.

City & Colour- Bring Me Your Love, Sometimes
Dallas Green who previously sang for the hardcore band Alexisonfire now does these gorgeous acoustic sessions reminding me of my high school Dashboard Confessional days. Sometimes I feel like his songs are a bit too stripped down for me, but his voice and guitar definitely make up for it. See for yourself and listen to this.

The Antlers- Burst Apart
Lovely mix of warm instruments and voice. Favorite song off the album here!

Enjoy darlings.

Hope your weekend was lovely.

xoxo

HL

No comments: