Thursday, April 26, 2012

Being An Adult.

Looking back at my last post, I find myself loving and hating it at the same time.

Hating it because "fighting" with your boyfriend isn't something you want to have to remember. And because I ended up being wrong in the end.

Loving it because of how we got over it. And how everything is fine. A part of normal adult relationships neither of us have ever really had.

Without going into all the boring details, we were both frustrated and upset separately for about a day. When we finally got a chance to discuss, all he had to say was- "You know I have to be nice to her and ask about her life sometimes because she's the mother of my child, right? I have to know what and how she's doing because it effects my son and I am unfortunately not around. Not because I actually care." And that was it for me, for some reason everything clicked and it was fine. We talked about it awhile. I had overanalyzed everything and he's going to work on some filtering. Theres a lot more within this, but none of it is the point.

The point is.

The entire time both of us were quietly freaking out that the other one was going to break up with us over this. And desperately trying to find a solution because we love each other so much we don't want to lose everything over something stupid. In the end we apologized for each of our parts and then talked for another 2 hours about our day, funny things...normal stuff. This may sound normal to you...but for two people coming out us messed up relationships- this was monumental.

Wait. You don't want to break up with me?! Cease panic mode.

If anything, it built up our already strong communication skills and got us even more excited about our future together! Slowly I am getting him to open up to me about things more and more too...boys never talk about stuff with anyone, it's so weird. Oh man, I heart him.

In other adult news, I am rocking at my new job and one of my bosses keeps talking about how great I am and how she wants to "flip me" (to full time and more $) sooner then later. It's weird to be SO excited to go to work everyday like I was when I taught, who knew I was such a happy person? It's feels good to finally be understanding what people are talking about and taking initiatives in better organizing things.

The next two months are going to be ridiculous. Two weddings, plus their showers and a bachelorette in Vegas in a few weeks, AND visiting boyfriend to meet the fam bam and babycakes in Mississippi. I don't know how I get myself into this stuff. I AM SO EXCITED! And equally stressed...as my commitments don't equal my pay scale...ahem.

Man I love being an adult.

xoxo

HL

No comments: