Sunday, September 02, 2012

Dear Booze, We Need A Break.



Dear Booze,

I love you. We have been very close friends for so long now. But we need a break as every time I have more then two servings of you, it feels like you are ruining my stomach lining. 

I am only taking this break in hopes we can make up again soon.

I will always love you.

xoxo

Yeah. Thats happening. SAY IT ISN'T SO?! I know. But about two weeks ago I was going through some SERIOUS stomach pain though for about a week. So bad I was barely eating for days, had to go to the doctor, get a cat scan, and am now on super strong prescription strength anti acids for 3 months. I don't know why I was surprised when I went wine tasting last weekend and got super sick afterwards (no one else did quite as bad, and I didn't drink more then I should normally be able to handle). Then last night at another party I only had my normal gin and tonic...and yes I was drunk- but again, it wasn't more then I should normally be able to handle. Who was throwing up in their friends bathroom for the second weekend in a row? Uhhhh YEAH. Not fun. I'm too old for this shit. 

So it finally occurred to me. Hey crazy, remember how your stomach is really angry and you have to be on medications for it for 3 months? WELL MAYBE you should try and cut out the excessive drinking habits EH?! 

Luckily the big events are over for the next few weeks until Kathleen's wedding and then my birthday, but still- all of the happy hours, bowling 'team' I might join with some friends from work, dinners and drinks with friends- alcohol is such a big part of my life. The idea of going cold turkey without it is a little ridiculous. So we are going to work on having a 2 drink limit for awhile until my lil tummy can calm down. 

And to avoid being THAT girl puking in the bathroom every weekend and wasting Sunday recovering. 

No comments: