Thursday, October 20, 2011

NOT on a Diet.


Something clicked recently. That I have been perpetually on a diet since the age of 15. 
Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Vegan, Vegetarian, Low Carb, 17 Day Diet, P90X, you name it and I've done it. 

And yes I lost about 35 pounds, but since then I've remained about the same and yet continue to feel guilty and try and control every single thing I put into my mouth. Still on this "diet" instead of being happy where I am and with the body I have. I've tried, and my body doesn't really want to lose anymore weight with the standard diet and exercise regimen. Which makes me think it's time to just- embrace it. 

Besides, every time I go out I have hoards of men looking at me and wanting to be with me...so why do I keep calling myself "fat" and feel so guilty whenever I eat anything- while no one else seems to notice? 

So for the first time since I can remember. We are NOT on a diet.

We are embracing this body. Taking care of it, but not feeling guilty about it. 
And enjoying food. 
And enjoying my life. 

It's been 2 weeks and I haven't gained a pound. 

No comments: