Tuesday, March 08, 2011

So Many Things...

Where I would much rather be right now.


Things have been happening. But between work, Vienna, and now getting sick I haven't had a moment to spare to update you all. But here we are...

Work...
Work has been, to say the least, stressful. I am a first year teacher, so its already extremely tough when you dont have lessons already done in your files that you can just pull from. But then I arrive at a school that gives me NO curriculum or resources and am in another country where I cant just go to the teacher store and even order my own. When I brought this up with the new director he was really surprised and said he would get right on it for me...which ended up meaning they are ordering curriculum for next year and I will not benefit from it right now AT ALL. At first I was ok spending every night and Sundays working on writing my own curriculum and scouring websites for free resources...but now I find myself burning out beyond belief. I am working 8a-4p then coming home and putting in another 2-3 hours a night with planning. PLUS I am not even technically certified to teach this age level, I am prepared to teach Kindergarten through grade 8, NOT preschool. I dont have any cool lessons or ideas up my sleeve and although the lessons are short and easy, but I still need ideas and resources! I cant just go on nothing. So I am frustrated and angry and need to figure out how to order myself some books or how to just get over it and work my ass off until I am finally done the end of June. Of course I still love my job, I even really like planning and curriculum development...just not 10+ hours everyday. I still need free time! And I'm not getting paid for all these extra hours.

Moving...
Also, moving is on the table again! YAY! A girl who used to work at the school has a spare room and wants to rent it to me for a decent price. It's RIGHT in the middle of the old city, I can walk EVERYWHERE down there, and from what I've heard its really nice and classy inside. I go to see it Thursday and will probably move over the weekend or next week if all works out. I am SO excited! I love one of my room mates, but the other one drives me CRAZY and living in the middle of nowhere while working 10 hour days doesn't make for a happy lady.

PAG...
Oh friends, things couldn't be more wonderful. I was pretty frustrated for a few weeks there when he was busy with his mid terms, seminars, reviewing his thesis, etc...and wasn't responding to my emails or calls except with little "Im so sorry, Im just swamped, but I miss you!" messages every once in awhile. And after a few weeks of also missing his few calls due to the stupid time difference, I was bummed. But finally his busyness calmed down and he's been calling me almost everyday, got his camera hooked up so we can video chat, is emailing me all the time again. We've even been having serious talks about our values and what we want for the future and...oh loves, its just SO good. So much better then I ever thought it could be. I went into this hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Let's face it, my track record of men pursuing me hasn't been the best, we only knew each other for such a short time, and I MOVED across the world with a 9 hour time difference and no end date in sight (at the time). But here we are. Making it work. 2 months in and I am still in shock of his heart for me.

Future...
Yeah. Besides counting down until I come home in July, the future is still pretty unclear. Kathleen said she could try and help me get a job in the music industry up in LA if I wanted. And I know the BUX is always hiring. Plus I asked my old boss and any other education contacts I have to keep their ears open for me. Also considering just doing whatever for a year to get myself established, pay off some debt, and save up before applying to grad school. Too many options really. I need to not stress about it and live in the moment a little more, especially since I cant even apply for anything until probably June. "Im just a worrier, thats why my friends call me Whiskers."


So there you are dear friends.

And, we're back...

No comments: