Monday, August 15, 2011

Flying.

This airplane picture of me circa 2008 exhibits exactly how I feel regarding flying. 

In one week from today I will be back on one of those Godforsaken planes, starving, uncomfortable, sleep deprived, squished, and rubbing my swollen ankles while flying across America...the Atlantic...and western Europe back to my little Bratislava.

I thought it wasn't until Tuesday, but its actually in ONE WEEK. Well less, now that Monday is basically over. Starting to feel sad. Everything just happened so quickly!

Anyway, I've been thinking about how much I've changed in my "old age". I used to LOVE flying, packing, getting everything together for a trip. The entire experience energized me and gave me a high on life.  NO LONGER. Now I want to sucker punch flying in the back and then shoot it in the face. The entire experience of waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and dealing with cranky, smelly, rude people the entire time. THEN you have to sit in a sardine tin can and pretend you aren't claustrophobic and starving for 14 hours, meanwhile you lose feeling in your feet and your ankles swell beyond recognition, and all you want to do is get some fucking sleep but your aching neck keeps waking you up. Then you're cold, then hot, then cold, then the douches around you want their windows and lights on.

I think I might just get drunk on gin and tonic and pray I pass out...or die.

I mean, at this point I really don't know what else to do.

SUCH a ridiculous week trying to get my job stuff together for when I get back plus seeing everyone and doing everything before I head back to BA. To Do lists and calendars EVERYWHERE.

xoxo

HL


No comments: