Wednesday, August 17, 2011

No, I DON'T Want To Be Your Mistress?


Last night Africa and I got into a riveting debate about his "marriage for a visa" situation. It's actually my idea for him, I suggested awhile back he talk to his EX about getting married so he could stay. And he said "She is still always trying to get in contact with me. And she loves me so much she probably would. My African friend suggested I do the same thing. But I don't want to lose you."-which threw me off initially since we aren't really that together and hadn't talked in ages...but anyway. 

Last night he told me he was meeting with his EX today, and that they would continue to meet until he felt comfortable asking her about the marriage thing. So I obviously started feeling weird about it...since she loves him and hes kind of leading her on to get the visa, and I don't want to be the other woman, annnnnd the entire situation is just a bit much for me. Especially when I have so much of my own shit to deal with. However, he got kind of mad at my concerns. He felt like it was going to be fine, he could manage both of us, and I was making it more complicated then it really was. He was also angry that he though I had said I would be ok with it...when actually I had said I didn't know how I felt about it and that we'd have to see. Pretty sure a lot of this gets lost in translation too, he sent me this long thing and I had such a tough time deciphering it. Finally he said he didn't want to talk about it anymore until I was there because "you are complicating things". Pretty sure EVERYTHING is complicated about this situation... but all I see is a boy who wants 2 girls at once. 

How is this my life?! How are FIVE of my girls getting married next year and I am dealing with THIS?! Although, it is a really funny predicament. I keep giggling to myself at Africa's thinking "everything's going to be fine! You're complicating things!" attitude. Um, well of course you think that...your VILLAGE was all siblings from your father and his 7+ wives. Ridiculous. 

Stay tuned to my ever adventurous love life. Good Lord.

xoxo

HL

No comments: