Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Home Again, Home Again.


Arrived here yesterday evening after traveling for 14+ hours, ripping off half my toe nail (seriously, bled all over baggage claim), and attempting to sleep sitting up since my chair wouldn't go back. One of my friends here picked me up which was SO nice since I had 2 giant heavy bags plus a carry on and there was no way I could navigate the buses and walk back to my flat without help. I have to say, being back feels good. I think it's definitely the fact that I have my own place and space, and that everything I need is just a walk outside my air conditioned flat. For instance...last night I was SO tired but we had no food, so I just walked outside my flat, got cash from the ATM, and walked across the street to get fresh delicious mushroom pizza from one of the 5 pizza windows on my street for 1.70 euro. Then today I got a ton of fresh tomatoes, peaches, and a cucumber from the farm stand downstairs for 1.30 euro. I thought she was joking when she told me the price.

As soon as I arrived I was already undecided again about coming back in December instead of staying for the year. I've gotten used to the annoying things about living abroad so it really just feels like home now. But work issues are actually pretty serious, so I'll probably be ready to high tail it out of here by then for work reasons alone. So many emotions. So little time.

Roomie gets back in a few hours. I can't wait to see her!

Uploading pictures from the summer to share soon,

xoxo

HL

No comments: