Monday, October 11, 2010

Current Obsessions.

Since I've been so cranky lately (I know it's justified, but one can only take so much crank), and am now fighting a sinus infection leaving me even more cranky it's time for something fun. So I've decided that just like I've started posting pictures of "pretty things", I am also going to start posting "favorite things". They are all tagged so you can look back at them using the tags on the side panel for when you want to be inspired. Lovelove.

Music:

Even though I already have this posted as my "currently listening" on my side panel below...I just had to post about it too. So the story goes that the lead singer for this band was in love with this girl LAURA who is a solo artist herself...the Noah and the Whale entire first album is all about falling in love with her and its super happy and sweet:) She sings back up on it...is in the music video...etc. THEN they broke up and he wrote this album all about his broken heart and moving on, etc. It is SO wonderful...a few of the songs he added an entire orchestra! LAURA is currently dating Mumford, as in Mumford and Sons. Talk about drama. Either way, it has become my break up anthem. Especially Blue Skies...because it speaks perfectly of being broken hearted but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel too. Love.


This is the lovely and talented Maria Taylor. Also writes beautiful songs about heartbreak, friends, change, and happy things too. I can't stop listening to Lean Teeter Flower, especially Clean Getaway. Very moving.

Reads:
I can't stop reading BLOGS. It's like a sick obsession. Every night before bed I snuggle in with my laptop and read all of my favorite blogs about fashion, apartment design, weddings, crafts, relationships...I update my side panel with my favorites all the time. Check out some favorites:
Millions of Pretty People to help you feel sane
Post Secret on Sundays for Sunday Secrets
Oh Joy! Fun cooking and design things
Where Did You Get That Gorgeous Brit taking NYC with her inventive fashion. LOVE her!
The Sartorialist The best for last! OMG I LOVE THIS BLOG SO SO MUCH!!!! So famous he even has books out now. You will DIE.

I have probably 10+ more, but I shall save them for a later date. You can only handle so many pretty things at once.

Looks:

I just really NEED a layered turquoise necklace. I am thinking of making one out of magazine beads and paint. Yep, thats me...cheapy. Just think how awesome it would dress up an all black outfit or a casual short/pant and top...then BOOM hotness!

No comments: