Friday, October 22, 2010

The Last Straw


Just when I was trying to change my atitude for my job and get it together, I arrive this morning and double check that they have discussed letting me take the baby on outings (besides their errands) and I can take him out today...and she says that based on what happened over the weekend with the stupid dog, she thinks its "indicative of me" and that she wants to hold off. SO much went on there after that...she took the money she paid me for the weekend out of the vet bill because she didn't feel like I deserved to be paid for the weekend, I told her I didnt really feel like it was my fault and I dont really understand and she gives me a "I know from your perspective you don't feel like it's your fault". So in the end, I am quitting asap. I almost quit right on the spot because I was so insulted and angry that I was made to feel ashamed and like I am being punished for something that wasn't even my fault. She left for work. I cried on and off the rest of the day. The baby hardly slept all day so that gave me 6 hours of time to try and fill with entertainment and since we aren't allowed to go anywhere, you tell me what we should do all damn day?

Anyway, I called my agency during the babies first nap and she already hooked me up with an interview on Sunday and Craigslist got me an interview for tomorrow evening. Both are only 20hrs a week but I would be making about the same I am now and I could substitute teach a little here and there to make up for it too. I was pretty upset all day, but getting interviews and having prospects made me feel so much better.

PLUS, Micah took me out for my belated birthday present, an Azure Ray show! Maria Taylor+Orenda Fink= BEAUTIFUL MUSICA! It was so wonderful!!! Some of my favorite music of all time in this cute little venue, it was fantastic:) Some of their songs made me sad..they are all about broken hearts and I was on the campus of the college Number 2 went to and where we used to hook up (parking lots, classy). But it was still lovely.

Except now it's 1am and tomorrow I am going to be so cranky...

I'll probably be out the rest of the weekend...it consists of non stop craziness as I move...but hopefully you will get some pretty things to satisfy.

Things HAVE to get better. Right?

No comments: