Friday, August 13, 2010

Messages & Activity


(ugh. so not me)

I've been trying really hard to put myself out there on the online dating site thing...I've messaged probably 5-10 guys that are considered to be "matches" who are super cute and we have things in common...its actually been a lot of fun and a good challenge to putting myself out there. But only one guy has responded in the last 2 days, and I think he just wants to email and make friends (what single straight man wants to just be friends with this piece of HOT ass?!). The random guys who are weird and Im not interested in are still messaging me though, this is by far my favorite:

HELLO THERE!
I CAME ACROSS YOUR PROFILE AND I'M INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT YOU. JUDGING FROM WHAT I READ, YOU ARE A MASTERPIECE! ...BEAUTIFUL BEYOND THE PAINT ON THE SURFACE. YOU ARE CULTURED, EDUCATED, MATURE, CARING, FUN, INTRIGUING, AN ADVENTURER, ....I THE LIST OF AWESOME QUALITIES YOU POSSESS GOES ON AND ON!
IT WOULD BE GREAT TO BEFRIEND YOU, AND I HOPE TO HAVE THAT OPPORTUNITY. I'LL PATIENTLY AWAIT YOUR RESPONSE. UNTIL THEN, TAKE CARE, HAVE FUN AND LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!

--
yeah. wow. the all caps stressed me out so much I didn't even know how to respond. But besides his profile ALSO being in all caps, he seemed like a nice normal guy. So I was nice and responded and kind of teased him about the all caps. I am surprised by how much higher the caliber of men is on the site then when I was on it last fall.

So something has concerned me...I'm not particularly "active". I mean, I try and exercise every other day and I eat healthy and everything...but I was never into "sports" and am not very adventurous in doing something like...say...scuba diving. To be honost, I get really scared because Im claustrophobic so certain things scare me and I just dont like being all sweaty and icky. Plus, Im super afraid of getting hurt and/or embarrassing myself. Ok, so all these boys are all into being active and stuff. Is it unattractive that I dont have a particular outside activity that Im into? I enjoy being outdoors...walking...traveling...hiking...sight seeing...but nothing like, skiing or surfing or running or something. Is this something concerning? Of course Im not going to just take up something so I can appear active when its just not my thing. And I guess I would be more interested in trying something with the love of my life...I dont know. Maybe I need to take up dancing or something. Ugh. Physical activity.

No comments: