Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gravity

So tonight with SS is all planned:) He texted me at work and we verified everything...its kind of as if someone asked me,
"Lady, what would your perfect date be?" and he answered with:

-French Restaurant for Dinner
-Watch The Life Aquatic and snuggle (don't worry, I'm bringing my red hat)
-Exchange music and look up bands for him that he hasn't heard of yet

Like, SERIOUSLY, if you know me at all by now...you know this is ME with a capital M! And I love how excited he gets to hang out with me , I get these "Its going to be fun! Im excited!" its so stinkin cute...and sad that Im not used to that. Again, Number 2 sucks.

Speaking of Number 2, last night he called me but I ignored his call (its the small victories) and then texted later with a "Hey. I need some space. Ill call you in a few days". NO response. As usual.

Song NOT to listen to when your frustrating EX rears his ugly head...again:
Gravity- Sara Barielles

Song TO listen to when your frustrating EX rears his ugly head...again:
Dog Days- Florence and the Machine

Ok, Gravity is actually REALLY perfect for the situation...but it just hurts my heart to think of things this way.

See for yourself, its pretty rough. Interestingly enough, this is the song So You Think You Can Dance used for their extremely moving "Addiction" dance. hmm...

Gravity

Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone.

You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love and not feel your rain.

...
Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

You loved me 'cause I'm fragile.
When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while and all my fragile strength is gone.

...
I live here on my knees as I try to make you see that you're everything I think I need here on the ground.
But you're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go.
The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down

You're on to me, on to me, and all over...
Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.

No comments: