Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Confidence.


Something happened to me in the last few months.

I am here across the world in a foreign country trying to live and work and have found that I have such confidence it is astounding me. I am not afraid to be alone. Be lost. Try new things. Ask for help. Have an adventure. Meet new people. Maybe not have people like me. I am just SO happy in this foreign experience I am starting to think something is wrong with me. Why dont I miss home more? Why am I not nervous asking for help or trying new things like I usually am?

I can only conclude that saying goodbye forever to the ex and having to pick up the pieces alone, has left me more secure and confident in myself then ever before. And that my moving out awhile and being alone so much has set the tone for this new person I find here in Slovakia.

No comments: